|H. 14 Dhu al-Qi'dah 1438||No: H.T.L 17/38|
|M. Sunday, 06 August 2017|
The Wall and Gates in Ein al-Hilweh are a Symbol of Inhumane Treatment
Hizb ut Tahrir / Wilayah Lebanon held a stand in the Palestinian refugee camp of Ain El-Hilweh in southern Lebanon, denouncing and rejecting the inhumane policies practiced by the Lebanese state that erected iron gates at the camp entrances, following the completion of a wall and watchtowers around it, despite promises to stop the wall construction. Thus, increasing pressure on the people of the camp, regardless of what they suffer from the narrowness of the camp's entrances and exits. These promises, which have gone unheeded to accomplish the American policy in Lebanon to hit all the Muslims communities under the pretext of ‘terrorism’. A short speech was delivered at this stand, which stated:
“Alhamdulillah was-salaam 'alaa Rasulullah (saw) and his family and companions and those who follow him.
Today in this stand, we protest the treatment which can no longer be described except as inhumane, devoid of any responsibility towards those who were abandoned from their homes and their money from the people of Palestine, and suffered from the oppression of the relatives before the strangers, and the oppression carried out by relatives is more painful for a man than a wound met with al-Hussam al-Marhind (the Indian sword)...
We stand, and here is the wall of shame erected without regard to any voice or opinion of the people of this camp, and no wall resembles this wall in the world today except the Jewish wall in Palestine...
This is not the end, but the iron gates are placed at the doors and entrances of the camp, so that our people here become in a place called Ain El-Hilweh prison and not Ain El-Hilweh camp...
We have no more outlets in this camp than the sky of the Lord of the Worlds, and perhaps those who planned and plotted for the wall and gates may find a way to build a roof over us, so we will be at that time not in the camp of Ain El-Hilweh, nor in the prison of Ain El-Hilweh, but in the graveyard of Ain El-Hilweh...
We are here at this stand:
• To show that this wall was built in response to international dictates and after repeated visits by international field security delegations that consider human gatherings of Muslims to be a hotbed of ‘terrorists’...
• To hold responsible all those who set themselves as officials and references to this camp, and who the wall was built before their eyes, where are all these years of contacts and communications with the Lebanese state, which we see them only resulted in a wall and iron gates?
• To call upon the Lebanese political parties to stop dealing with Ain El Hilweh with this military security treatment under the pretext of terrorism and its sword, which is being raised by America and its followers in Lebanon who call themselves the people of resistance and reluctance.
• We also call on the activists in Ain El Hilweh camp, especially the youth activists, not to keep silent, and not to allow these gates to pass as the wall has passed despite all the promises we heard, and the wall behind you is a living witness.
• We warn our brothers and sisters in Ain al-Hilweh from being involved in the project to stigmatize the camp with terrorism or link it to any agenda that makes it easy to hit the camp and its people, or sending absurd messages devoid of a clear political understanding that makes linking the camp to terrorism an inevitable link, with all its consequences...
Finally, we say: O our people in Ain El Hilweh, the matter is no longer dependent on contacts and communications from the officials and authorities. Rather, your movement must be a strong and effective popular and public movement, rejecting the situation we have reached until such inhumane and unjust actions are reversed. And to hold the Lebanese state and its institutions and behind it the parties and the media, and all those who claim to support the cause of the people of Palestine, and anyone who has established himself as a sponsor for the interest of this camp and a reference to it, to hold them responsible for this inhumane situation...
We ask Allah (swt) to make this stand the beginning of political and public works that lift the injustice and expel every conspirator...
﴿وَلَوْلَا دَفْعُ اللَّهِ النَّاسَ بَعْضَهُم بِبَعْضٍ لَّفَسَدَتِ الْأَرْضُ وَلَٰكِنَّ اللَّهَ ذُو فَضْلٍ عَلَى الْعَالَمِين﴾
“And if it were not for Allah checking [some] people by means of others, the earth would have been corrupted, but Allah is full of bounty to the worlds.” [Al-Baqarah: 251].
Media Office of Hizb ut Tahrir
in Wilayah Lebanon
| Hizb-ut Tahrir: Media office
Address & Website