بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
The people of the country are angry and saddened by the horrific events of 25-26th February at the BDR headquarters especially the pre-planned and barbaric killings of more than a hundred military officers. Brutally murdering unarmed military officers and their families is an unforgivable crime. Mutilating dead bodies of officers; torturing and killing their wives and children including pregnant women; rape and burning dead bodies - all these inhumane acts were carried out by gang of Indian agents.
All of you are aware of the Indian plot to weaken and create divisions in the defence forces of Bangladesh. India and her local agents utilized the opportunity and current favourable moment to execute their conspiracy as they did many times in the past. The events have made it clear that the so-called mutiny was part of long-term plot and was carried out by India and her agents inside and outside the government. The mass killing of so many brilliant officers would only be of benefit to the polytheist enemy and her agents. Now they are blaming the killings on intelligence failure and so-called differences between the BDR and Army.
An analysis of events of the two days clearly point out the mysterious role of the Awami League government.
- Did the government not have any information of a conspiracy of this magnitude?
- Why did the government send inexperienced ministers and MP's to negotiate with the rebels on such an important security issue who ensured the safety of the rebels only? Yet they did nothing to protect the lives, property and honour of the officers and their families.
- Why did the ministers and MP's who were frequenting in and out of the BDR compound feel safe and secure to move amongst the rebels in such a hostile situation unaccompanied by any security personnel?
- What was the purpose of the government in hurriedly declaring a general amnesty for the rebels without confirming the fate of the officers and their families?
- Did the government not allow the criminals to effectively flee from the scene by declaring the amnesty; vacating the locality; and blacking out the entire area?
In the guise of various demands the conspirators have managed to completely destroy the BDR chain of command and are now scheming to separate the BDR from the military's command. This so-called demand is a threat to the security of the country. The sole beneficiary of separating the BDR from the army and creating divisions between the two forces will be the Indian enemy. This demand is unacceptable and the defence forces of the country must remain under the command of the military.
In this moment of crisis, Hizb ut-Tahrir in Bangladesh urges you to take the following steps:
- Resist the conspiracy to destroy the army and BDR;
- Take the government to task for its inaction and mysterious role in the conspiracy; and
- Raise your voice for punishing the individuals involved in the conspiracy and the killings.
And rush forward to re-establish the Khilafah "Caliphate" which will unite the people and strengthen the defence forces to resist all belligerent states including US, India, and Britain.
H. 2 Rabi' I 1430
M. : Saturday, 28 February 2009