بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Al-Waqiyah TV: What Does the French Abayah Ban Say About Secularism?
What Does the French Abayah Ban Say About Secularism?!
The French government has introduced a ban on the wearing of the Abayah in French schools, which came into force this September. It stated that that the religious dress undermined the principles of secularism which form the basis of its state, and the neutrality of religion within schools. The Abayah is also known as the Jilbab, and is a loose and long garment that is worn over the home clothes when a Muslim woman enters public life. The decision comes after months of debates over the matter and calls from the extreme right to issue a ban.
So why exactly has the French government introduced this ban at this time? What is behind the French obsession with the Islamic dress? And what does such a ban say about the secular ideology and system which the French state and many other states across the world are based upon?
This discussion hopes to address these and other questions related to this subject.
#France #AbayahBan #Hijab #Islam #Secularism
Saturday, 01 Rabi-ul Awwal 1445 AH corresponding to 16 September 2023 CE
- Wilayah Bangladesh: Conference, Way Out from the Clutches of Tyrant Hasina and Colonialist America!
- The Masrah of the Noble Prophet Muhammad (saw) Looks Forward to the Liberators, Not the Compliant Collaborators
- Answer to Question: Bin Salman and Normalization with the Jews
- Prohibition of the Niqab as an Adherence to Tradition and Tyranny
- The Role of Women is Much Greater than Fighting in a Senseless War!